Friday, May 29, 2009

I finally picked a death

This is around page 350; basically, it will lead to foreshadow the end. A bone toss to fans of classic B horror movies, my depiction of death will surely please fans of Phantasm, and the person he comes to collect will be shocked to learn death looks like Angus Scrimm.

I had a very hard time picturing how my death would look and act, there are a lot of different humanized deaths out there, from pretty girls to children, and the typical scythe carrying variety. I liked the idea of people being scared because they think that guy guy from Phantasm is real as compared to, Oh Shit I'm dead don't take me. It also borders more closely with our conventional image of death. As you will see, my death is part of the local community during the daytime, and only goes about his supernatural duties at night. There will be a change in appearance as the chapter starts out from death's POV. The chapter expanded widely from what i first had in mind. Which was resolving the death of a minor character, and introducing death to the main story, establishing a bigger scope than most readers may so far assume. The end of this chapter leads into the Last Three Days section. I will be talking more about these last chapters next time. Hopefully, by now you've realized all my posts are backwards. (wink)

No comments:

Post a Comment