Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Vacation

I'm starting to think Paris Hilton can pull off Magenta if that Rocky Horror remake is ever done. Don't believe me, check out Repo: The Genetic Opera, if you had told me Paris would be in one of my soon to be favorite movies, i would have laughed and scorned. Next Digression

My alarm clock is gone, rolled away in a sheet of plastic bubble rap to be opened after New Years, praise be to holiday vacations. I go back to work on the 5th, in the meantime, there is shopping to dabble in, Dragons Age Origins to be played, and Dark Shadows is in the mail. Next Digression

Doctor Who, and the inconvenience of the End of Time, not to mention a Buffy flashback or two. Praise Andrew and his favorite Bond, Timothy Dalton, mines Sean Connery. I love Obama as much as the next non-committed person, he's ok, but why are people in England hoping that he has the power to save them from this nasty recession. Like Obama is on tv tonight, and the recession will be over with his great plan, he's going to save us. No, Doctor WHO is going to save us that's why I'm watching this thing called Doctor Who, not Doctor Obama, but i could use a little Doctor Paul. Someday, someone is going to do something about Obama not passing your basic spellcheck, it's been a year already, and I'm tired of seeing Obama signaling he's been misspelled. I may be a minority here, but i don't mind when things don't stay dead, i love those swooping in to ruin your day spiels. I'm crossing galaxies just so i can kick your ass.

It fills be with an urge to cuddle.

All the redlines under Obama have just vanished, should i be praying, a sign of God this.

Other than that, and Catherine Tate being around for ten seconds before the headaches came, she better be front in center next time, because you see, I'm in love. AM I BOVVERED

Then there was June Whitfield, and i was excited maybe Patsy Stone would stop in to give the good Doctor a slash. Ah, i love British TV cause at some point you get to see everyone again. The Digressions are over.

I'm looking at two sections, and then I'm done. Thursday and Friday, the setup may not be entirely original, but it works for me. Strict order for what is going to be a multiplexed ending. The interludes throughout the book take place on Friday, the day when everything happened, and our friends are making their way north to O'Hare, and getting acquainted with each others fallacies. TEH FANCY

I made this very hard for myself, keeping control of a big cast, and the way i cut up the time zones. Jake and company race to O'hare while recounting the events that led to that fateful Friday full of drugs, contempt, and the usual disdain for central authority. With a few stops for cross words, petty crimes, and recreational refreshments, our trio makes it to the Windy City as the trains arrive, dropping off their cargo that survived the calamity down south. Until that point, Jake was ready to tag along with whatever magical destination Rain/Ozma had in mind, but with a bout of melancholy and an opportune brain fart, Jake leaps off the top of a luxurious grand patio, and beats it. It was one of those moments where the story took over from what i had in mind, a thankful occurrence. I had planned on all three taking the blueline into the airport, racing upstairs to yada yada yada. I'm not ready to talk about that yet, only the events leading up to it.

The scene on the blueline is partly written, like saintly anti-authoritarians, they dump the remaining passengers at Rosemont, god that must suck, and take control of the train, tearing it from the tracks to crash into the danker parts of the airport. No one notices, why, because everyone is upstairs dealing with Mark Tavers, and his anti-authoritarian scheme. A little late to the party, but that will be the least of Jake Fastet's problems.

Anyways, besides that garbled mess few will understand, Jake ran away from Ozma. Turns out it makes my ending a little easier to manage, and adds another conflict. God, the race to DC should be very interesting, but Thursday and Friday have to be finished first.

I had a big problem. I had fifteen pages of material that i was about to trash, the mood, the location, all seemed wrong, what was the point of going back to class, and sitting at a desk with the events of the last few days under his belt. If you're leaving town on Friday, beggar the consequences, then why go to class on Thursday? See my problem, but someone must be watching out over me, it took a week, finally, i figured it out. Just delete a few names, he didn't go to class, just switch it around a little, and Viola, character development for Doctor Morrison. Not sure what he and Jake have to talk about, but he only has one more day to do it. He's the only person from the Government under the stairs that is still down there, the rest have moved on to Chicago to study/poke at Mark Tavers.

Then there's the other half of Thursday still to be done, the ghost with the laptop, and Jake's last few moments alone.

That's my plan for this week, finishing Thursday. Until next time, laters

No comments:

Post a Comment